The Enigma that was Stomp

man of the eggplant - champion of the cheese sandwich

I kneel down with head bowed in the direction of Mt. Olympus, my memories of the romps we had with Stomp are bubbling to the fore. My tear-streaked fizzog gives the game away. Stomp, where be ye now? Come back, come back. You ran away and abandoned the bloggery scene to who knows where.

As you are well aware by now, mynameisstomp.blogspot.com is no more. Memories are all that remain. But what of Stomp himself? Whatever happened to this fascinating cross-cultural icon and beacon of hope?

Reports are coming in regarding various sightings of the man. Apparently he's been spotted hang gliding over the Darling Scarp. Other sources say he was seen sleeping in the Wesfarmers building's doorway in the Perth CBD. Stories about him moving to Czechoslovakia to take up egg farming or touching down on a South Pacific island and being promptly thrown into a volcano on arrival can't be discounted either.

I wish he was still around to captivate me with his writing prowess. I also wouldn't mind getting the ten dollars he borrowed back.

Comments